Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Wedding!

So, this weekend a very sweet friend of ours here in Brazil got married. Jude wasn't feeling very well, so I decided to go the wedding alone. Huh, rookie mistake. Let's remember I am taking Joel with me. All in all I am so glad I went and took Joel (there really wasn't another option: Note to self, find a backup babysitter..... my babysitter was in the wedding.) I guess I could have left him with Jude, but I wanted him to be able to rest. Anyhow, so there we went, off to the wedding. Weddings in Brazil are very fancy and even the people attending the wedding need to dress up. I wore the nicest dress that I have, high heels and some basic earrings since I can't wear dangly earrings due to Joel's need to pull on them. Why create one more situation where I have to say "no" to him. There are already so many things that he can't do. I was one of the least dressed up people there. The wedding started about an hour late, which was good since I was running late getting ready as was my friend who caught a ride with us. I went really prepared, raisins, corn flakes, milk, an extra jar of baby food just in case, the stroller, and toys/books that don't make noise. As I said before, all in all I am really glad that I went, but let me just say that I came home exhausted. I think that I walked/scurried about 2 miles in my high heels. Joel did pretty well for a little guy. He ran around and played, ate almost everything that I brought with us, except for the cookie that I ate to have energy to keep running after him! :) After the cerimony, Joel was the hit. He threw himself into the bride"s arms as well as all of the beautiful bridesmaids' arms. My son is smart! He charmed the photographer, ate some cake, almost touched one of the candle's romantically lighting the cake table and ran some extra laps around the reception area. We had a great time and Joel fell asleep on the ride home.

2 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Sounds like an adventure for sure! Sounds like Joel was the life of the party :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!