Monday, October 5, 2009

Joel is 1!

I am a little late with this post but I couldn't go without posting a few pics from Joel's 1st Birthday! We had a frog birthday party with my parents, and some friends from church and the Project (the before and after school program that we work with....FYI a new website will be up and running soon with lots of info on "Projeto Crescer" and we will update you on that when it is good to go! ) Anyhow, here are some pics.
Everyone says, "I can't believe that my child is _____ years old." I am not sure if I can believe that Joel is 1 but enough has happened in the past year to make me feel like he is one. He has changed SO much, as have I. I think that I have learned more as a mom than in any other role ever in my life. It is such a huge responsibility and one that in my opinion requires such humility, a servant's heart, a selfless spirit constantly (all of this I am still working on by the way) and a love that is beyond ourselves-thank You Jesus for providing this in my life without limit! I owe my life to you, yet you are the One that gives me life daily. I love Joel more each day, if that is even possible, and I wouldn't trade the adventure for anything!
So, here is to my son, Joel Deron Geroy.
Congratulations Son, I love you and am so proud of you!

No comments: